♥ My obsession with all things cosmetic, artistic, and fun ♥

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Summer Sun Inspired Makeup

Anyone that knows me will know that summer is not my favorite season. I loved it as a kid because I loved going swimming and having family barbecues. But now it's just a little to hot and muggy for my taste. There are some good things about summer though, like brighter makeup looks! Well, and the 4th of July is fun, but anywho...back on topic. This isn't really an overly bright look,  but I think it would add a little sunshine to daytime or work makeup.




I used Palladio Herbal Eye Primer and NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk allover my lid to prime and create a blank canvas. I applied MAC Ricepaper from lid to brow bone. I then applied a mixture of MAC Amber Lights and Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear in my crease and swept it down under my lower lash line. I put a little more Ricepaper  in the tear duct area. Next I added mascara, liner, filled in the brows, and put on my Ardell 107 lashes.













The full face. Forgot the foundation, but the blush is Glow by MUD. (my favorite blush right now! I like it better than my NARS ones and it's a lot cheaper!) On my lips I am wearing Lorac lipstick in Vanity and Stila Lip Glaze in Kaleidoscope. Oh, and my highlighter is NARS Albatross.





This is before I added highlighter, a second coat of mascara, and false lashes. So you can definitely tone down this look even more if you want. Another thing I might add: this look would be perfect for blue-eyed gals. Browns, yellows, and oranges are opposite on the color wheel and so they will really make your eyes pop!



2 comments:

  1. I saw this look already some time ago in Makeup Geek idea gallery and I still absolutely adore it! Very beautiful! :)

    - Riina - (http://lilrin.blogspot.fi/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like your looks on your blog as well!

      Delete

Thanks for looking at my blog!